Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jon Bonazza <jb...@gaikai.com> on 2014/06/20 22:27:00 UTC

Problems calculating capacity for storm bolt.

So If I understand correctly,  the formula for calculating capacity for an
executor for the last 10 min is:

capacity = (num_executed * avg_executed_ms)  / 600000

and the capacity of a bolt is simply the max capacity of all of the bolt's
executors.

I am trying to calculate this using the thrift api, but it is posing to be
a larger challenge than I anticipated, given the design of the api.

>From each ExecutorSummary, I can get both a map of stream ids to the
executed count for the last 10m and a map of stream ids to avg executed ms
(latency) for the last 10m . I am assuming that each stream id in the first
map also exists in the second map. Is this the case?

In the end, I am trying to get each component of the forumla introduced at
the beginning of this message. do I just take the max of all the values in
each map? The Avg? What?

Thanks in advance!