Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/06/03 02:46:52 UTC

Re: DataImportHandler and running out of disk space

: I ran through some more failure scenarios (scenarios and results below). The
: concerning ones in my deployment are when data does not get updated, but the
: DIH's .properties file does. I could only simulate that scenario when I ran
: out of disk space (all all disk space issues behaved consistently). Is this
: worthy of a JIRA issue?

I don't know that it's DIH's responsibility to be specificly aware of disk
space issues -- but it definitely sounds like a bug if Exceptions/Errors
like running out of space (or file permissions errors) are occuring but
DIH is still reporting success (and still updating hte properties file
with the lsat updated timestamp)

by all means: please open issues for these types of things.

: Successful import
:
: all dates updated in .properties (title date updated, each [entity
: name].last_index_time updated to its own update time. last_index_time set to
: earliest entity update time)
:
:
:
:
: Running out of disk space during import (in data directory only, conf
: directory still has space)
:
: no data updated, but dataimport.properties updated as in 1
:
:
:
:
: Running out of disk space during import (in both data directory and conf
: directory)
:
: some data updated, but dataimport.properties updated as in 1
:
:
:
:
: Running out of disk space during commit/optimize (in data directory only,
: conf directory still has space)
:
: no data updated, but dataimport.properties updated as in 1
:
:
:
:
: Running out of disk space during commit/optimize (in both data directory and
: conf directory)
:
: no data updated, but dataimport.properties updated as in 1
:
:
:
:
: File permissions prevent writing (on index directory)
:
: data not updated, failure reported, properties file not updated
:
:
:
:
: File permissions prevent writing (on segment files)
:
: data updated, failure reported, properties file not updated
:
:
:
:
: File permissions prevent writing (on .properties file)
:
: data updated, failure reported, properties file not updated
:
:
:
:
: Shutting down Solr during import (killing process)
:
: data not updated, .properties not updated, no result reported
:
:
:
:
: Shutting down Solr during import (issuing shutdown message)
:
: Some data updated, .properties not updated, no result reported
:
:
:
:
: DB connection lost (unplugging network cable)
:
: data not updated, .properties not updated, failure reported
:
:
:
:
: Updating single entity fails (first one)
:
: data not updated, .properties not updated, failure reported
:
:
:
:
: Updating single entity fails (after another one succeeds)
:
: data not updated, .properties not updated, failure reported
:
:
:
:
:
: --
: Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
:

-Hoss

Re: DataImportHandler and running out of disk space

Posted by wojtekpia <wo...@hotmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1939 SOLR-1939  created.