Posted to dev@commonsrdf.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/04/23 10:19:11 UTC

jira workflow

Hi,

well, still many things to discuss to build a project. But because the
interaction with the issue COMMONSTDF-18, I'd like to bring to the table
the discussion about the jira workflow.

Currently we hare using the Jira Default Workflow Scheme, you have it
depicted at:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/185729632/jira-defaultworkflow.png

In other projects what we do we resolved issues, but issues do not get
closed until they go out as part of a release (usually the release manager
does a bulk update). I personally like that simple convention, keeps a
pretty good overview about the current status. But I'm happy to listen to
other workflows.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: jira workflow

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
My apologies, I was used to the workflow where the original requester
(or a tester) Closes the Resolved issue once it has been verified as
fixed.

While that might be useful for user-facing projects with GUIs etc, I
don't think that is too useful for Commons RDF.

So +1 to your proposed workflow of closing on release -- it also makes
it cleaner to see what are 'unreleased fixes' without having to be too
stringent on Fix For version on Resolved issues.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718