Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mohd Zainal Abidin Rabani <za...@nocser.net> on 2016/02/03 04:54:31 UTC

High Availability Cloudstack

Hi,

I try to do HA test for cloudstack. We are using DL380 G7. Same spec.
VM's have put option with HA.

When i shutdown host A, from instance i can see all state is running.
But from insfrastructure host A already disconnected. Other instance
that not set using HA also state running. Suppose on instance that use
option HA is running and other than that is stopped. Is this is a kind
of bug?

HA using what? Ping? Heartbeat? Why still show running?

---------
Regards,
Mohd Zainal Abidin Rabani
Technical Support

ModernOne Data Solutions Sdn. Bhd.(1119382-D)
No. 83-2, Jalan TKS 1,
Kajang Sentral, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.
T : 03-8737 0030 | F : 03-8737 0070
E : zainal@nocser.net
W : www.modern.com.my | www.nocser.net

Re: Re[2]: High Availability Cloudstack

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
I can confirm that in the past (probably acs versions 4.2 or 4.1) I had several cases where ACS would restart vms which were running on a host which got disconnected fro ACS. As a result, I had two instances of the same vm running, creating a number of issues with disk consistency. I had to switch HA for that reason and rely on other means.

Andrei
Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Hi Indra,

Unfortunately, we haven't gotten around to this yet. We're currently working on validating PRs for 4.9. Once we're through that, I'll get some of my team to focus on testing this.

- Si

Apologise for replying to an old thread - may I know if you have managed to
test this out on your lab? How was the result?

Thank you.

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
I recall in the 4.3 release that HA on KVM did not function for loss of a host.  The management log would report that it was 'investigating' for days without taking action.  The UI would report the host as up at this time as well.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

Regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

I have tested this multiple times with a multi-node kvm cluster. When you kill one hypervisor (and it will not come back) then HA kicks in as expected and VMs with HA but set are started again. Quite sure all versions since 4.6 work fine, most likely older versions as well.

Very simple to test, just give it a try.

Maybe we should write a Marvin integration test to prove it works as people keep saying it doesn't for some reason.

Regards, Remi

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Simon,

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Simon,

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
Hi,

Re[4]: High Availability Cloudstack

Posted by Mohd Zainal Abidin Rabani <za...@nocser.net>.
Mean need to do manually change on DB site? What i read is cloudstack to
be Built-in high-availability for hosts and VMs. Then it not true from
wikipedia?

---------

W : www.modern.com.my <http://www.modern.com.my/> | www.nocser.net
<http://www.nocser.net/>

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.
Please see below issue:

regards
sadhu

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <ab...@shapeblue.com>.
MS version, Hypervisor ? Are there more hosts in the cluster ?

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Abhinandan Prateek
Software Architect      ,       ShapeBlue

d:       | s: +44 203 603 0540<tel:|%20s:%20+44%20203%20603%200540>      |      m:      +91 970 11 99011<tel:+91%20970%2011%2099011>

e:      abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>         |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK

[cid:image6a3980.png@2411f44f.4fa71ff3]

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//> | CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> | CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>