Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 11:19:07 UTC

Re: Extra start-up overhead with hadoop-2.1.0-beta

Hi,
  Please share with me if you anyone has an answer or clues to my question
regarding the start up performance.

Also, one more thing I have observed today is the time taken to run a
command on a container went up by more than a second in this latest version.

When using 2.0.4-alpha, it used to take 0.3 to 0.5 seconds from the point I
call startContainer() to the  point the command is started on the container.

where as

When using 2.1.0-beta, it is taking around 1.5 seconds from the point it
came to the call back onContainerStarted() to the point the command is seen
started running on the container.

Thanks,
Kishore

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
No Ravi, I am not running any MR job. Also, my configuration files are not
big.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.

________________________________

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,

  I have got these number by running a simple C program on the containers
that fetches the timestamp in microseconds and exits. The times mentioned
are low and high, they are not varying so drastically with in a version but
there are huge differences(like a second) between the two versions,
2.0.4-alpha and 2.1.0-beta as I mentioned.

  I am using a single node cluster, and all there is absolutely no other
load on the machine/node. My single node cluster is just used for my own
development work, and testing.

  I am not aware of what is resource localization, I am not doing anything
specially for that.

  Please let me know if you need any other info.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,