Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2007/01/05 14:10:10 UTC

[ANN] Cayenne Becomes a Top Level Apache Project

/A bit of a late announcement and old news to cayenne-dev
subscribers, but here is goes..../

I am glad to announce that during its December meeting, Apache Board
accepted a resolution officially establishing Cayenne as a top level
Apache project. This is great (if not unexpected) news for us. ASF is
built on principles of meritocracy, inclusiveness and self-governance
- same principles that we were following along the road. I am
delighted to see ASF as a permanent home for Cayenne (and I am sure I
am not alone in that feeling).

When we decided to dive into the incubation process, we had a vague
idea that joining ASF would be good for growing Cayenne community.
What I came to realize now is that the Apache brand is not the only
reason why this happens. The other important factor, collaboration
within the foundation, is real. We are now a part of a much bigger
open source club where new ideas will have a much better chance of
finding a receptive audience. It is up to us now to participate and
take advantage of that.

I'd like to thank the Incubator community and especially our mentors
(Jean, Jim, Bill and Brian) for helping us with accommodation at the
ASF. And also pat ourselves (Cayenne committers) on the back - we've
done a huge amount of work to make the graduation happen.

Finally, a note about immediate Cayenne plans:

* We will be migrating the site and the mailing lists to the new
locations.
* We are working on the site facelift.
* 2.0.2 (and 1.2.2) releases are almost ready to go.
* The first 3.0 milestone (alpha) will follow immediately after that.

Cheers,
Andrus

Re: [ANN] Cayenne Becomes a Top Level Apache Project

Posted by John <mm...@web.de>.
Congratulations,
I wonder that its not yet :)

john.

Posted by Tomi N/A <he...@gmail.com>.
2007/1/5, Eric Lazarus <er...@yahoo.com>:
> Congrats to everyone who made this happen. I am very
> grateful that cayenne is such a powerful product.

Ditto!

t.n.a.

Re: [ANN] Cayenne Becomes a Top Level Apache Project

Posted by Eric Lazarus <er...@yahoo.com>.
Congrats to everyone who made this happen. I am very
grateful that cayenne is such a powerful product.

Eric
--- Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> /A bit of a late announcement and old news to
> cayenne-dev
> subscribers, but here is goes..../
>
> I am glad to announce that during its December
> meeting, Apache Board
> accepted a resolution officially establishing
> Cayenne as a top level
> Apache project. This is great (if not unexpected)
> news for us. ASF is
> built on principles of meritocracy, inclusiveness
> and self-governance
> - same principles that we were following along the
> road. I am
> delighted to see ASF as a permanent home for Cayenne
> (and I am sure I
> am not alone in that feeling).
>
> When we decided to dive into the incubation process,
> we had a vague
> idea that joining ASF would be good for growing
> Cayenne community.
> What I came to realize now is that the Apache brand
> is not the only
> reason why this happens. The other important factor,
> collaboration
> within the foundation, is real. We are now a part of
> a much bigger
> open source club where new ideas will have a much
> better chance of
> finding a receptive audience. It is up to us now to
> participate and
> take advantage of that.
>
> I'd like to thank the Incubator community and
> especially our mentors
> (Jean, Jim, Bill and Brian) for helping us with
> accommodation at the
> ASF. And also pat ourselves (Cayenne committers) on
> the back - we've
> done a huge amount of work to make the graduation
> happen.
>
> Finally, a note about immediate Cayenne plans:
>
> * We will be migrating the site and the mailing
> lists to the new
> locations.
> * We are working on the site facelift.
> * 2.0.2 (and 1.2.2) releases are almost ready to go.
> * The first 3.0 milestone (alpha) will follow
> immediately after that.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrus

Eric