Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2000/12/19 08:54:45 UTC

Re: Please consider protected instead of private visibility modifier

At 02:45  19/12/00 -0500, David Eison wrote:
>In Ant 1.2, the default ant classes use the private modifier on all data
>fields, without providing any protected or public interface to get to
>the fields.

Will do for Ant2.0 - if you want the changes for 1.x feel free to send
patches to ant-dev and I will happily commit them ;)

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Please consider protected instead of private visibilitymodifier

Posted by David Eison <ei...@arsdigita.com>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> At 02:45  19/12/00 -0500, David Eison wrote:
> >In Ant 1.2, the default ant classes use the private modifier on all data
> >fields, without providing any protected or public interface to get to
> >the fields.
>
> Will do for Ant2.0 - if you want the changes for 1.x feel free to send
> patches to ant-dev and I will happily commit them ;)

Wonderful, thanks.
I suspect you guys will have 2.0 out before my project releases, so I'll
live with the ugly cut-and-paste for now.

-David

--
David Eison                     W: 404-917-2617
eison@arsdigita.com             H: 404-287-6648