Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by sumanta <su...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/19 12:03:57 UTC

t:popup not rendered correctly in IE

Hi,
I have used an t:popup with simple text but it is not rendered correctly in
IE, but its ok in Mozilla. In IE, rather than popup it shows a 3d text area
with no text in it and sometimes with a vertical scroller, too. I think this
problem is happening because the popup is within a datatable which is within
a <t:div> tag. Without Div it works fine.
Can anyone tell me how the correct this problem?
Please, its urgent. (A screen shot is included of the erraneous popup )

http://www.nabble.com/user-images/3060.gif

Sumanta
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: t:popup not rendered correctly in IE

Posted by sumanta <su...@yahoo.com>.
JavaScript code is also not working good, please let me know any kind of
tomahawk solution.

Posted by sumanta <su...@yahoo.com>.
Its working fine in Mozilla firefox. And the top left values are defined in
css. I dont know what it the problem. Shouldn't the top left values be
handled by tomahawk? When IFrame was shown by IE then it came alright in the
defined place, but now it doesn't.
Anyway, we have solved for present using JavaScript, but it would be better
if we could have done it using myFaces. If you know anyting else please let
me know.

Thanks again..

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Does it work with Firefox? If so, using the web developer toolbar
plugin (and other plugins) you can debug the location of the popup. I
woudn't be surprised if you are having a CSS top/left issue (popup is
not showing where you expect it. If you are only on IE, you could put
some java script to alert you the location when the popup is shown.

I didn't read them, but I have seen subjects for issues with the popup
location in this mailing list.

-Andrew

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
If you look at the code, there is a hack for IE. The *hack* is to open
an IFRAME below the popup to try to make sure that IE select boxes
don't appear over the popup. However, it seems to create many problems
(often appears in the wrong place, causing security warnings over
HTTPS). If you aren't worried about a popup over a SELECT control, use
this javascript to disable the Tomahawk IFRAME:

BTW - only in IE7 is this huge SELECT bug fixed for IE (amazing that
IE actually is still around with all the bugs and security holes it
has).