Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Alcoba <po...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/09 16:06:38 UTC

logic:equal tag always evaluates the body

Hi,

We've a very rare problem with our webapp. We've a webapp running under an
iplanet 6 (jvm 1.2) and struts 1.0

There's a simple jsp with a lot of logic:equal (they're not nested) and all
of them eval the same attributed stored in the session. Something like this:

<logic:equal name="returnValue" value="0">
</logic:equal>

<logic:equal name="returnValue" value="1">
</logic:equal>

This code works fine but "sometimes" the body of all logic:equal are
displayed. In the action we execute before showing this jsp we put in the
request the "returnValue" and we print it in the logs too. When this rare
situation happens the "returnValue" has always a correct value (0,1,..).
Once time the logic:equal turns crazy there's no way to recover the normal
behaviour. All the jsps don't evaluate correctly the logic:equal tags and
the solution is reboot the server. No exception is throwed and the error log
doesn't show any error.

Anybody know if exists some bug in struts 1.0 related with logic:equal tag?
And is it possible to trace some logs when the method doStart is being
executed in the EqualTag? We need more information to solve this problem.

Thanks,

David

Re: logic:equal tag always evaluates the body

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
Maybe when "sometimes" occurs, something in the first <logic:equals> has
modified the value of "returnValue"?

If not, get out your handy-dandy debugger and enjoy!

- Bill Siggelkow