Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by A Ir <ai...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/22 08:23:06 UTC

Stopping root category from logging child categories for DEBUG messages only

Stopping root category/logger from logging child categories/loggers for
DEBUG messages only.

My question is how to stop DEBUG logging message from being visible above
certain logger.

Let say, loggers are

a                     DEBUG to be directed into a common-log
a.b                   DEBUG to be directed into a common-log
a.b.c                 DEBUG to be directed into a logA
a.b.c.d               DEBUG to be directed into a logA
a.b.c.e               DEBUG to be directed into a logA
a.i                   DEBUG to be directed into a common-log
a.i.j                 DEBUG to be directed into a common-log
a.i.j.k               DEBUG to be directed into a common-log

I would want to log all DEBUG messages from a.b.c (and it’s descendants)
into a separate from everything else log. I.e.,

- Logging for all messages (but DEBUG from ” a.b.c”) works as always.
- DEBUG messages from a.b.c and it’s descendants to be directed through
a.b.c's appender, and should never be visible outside of a.b.c.

Thanks,

Alex

PS. Logger.setAdditivity() works for all levels. I would need to

setAdditivity(false)

for Level.DEBUG only.