Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org> on 2016/03/02 03:18:31 UTC

Welcome to Quarks!

A warm welcome to contributors to the Quarks community!

(also test message to seed the archives and get the list started)

Best

Kathey

Re: Welcome to Quarks!

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:47 AM, Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org> wrote:
> A public record MUST be made of the code imported. If the import is not
> attached to JIRA then it MUST be committed to version control.
I wonder what that means, I was planning to commit the code directly into git, is that the public record?
Dan.

Re: Welcome to Quarks!

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.
On 3/2/2016 9:21 AM, Kathy Saunders wrote:
> I expect to be able to submit the CLA from IBM for the code within the
> next few days.  Do we need the CLA in place before we can move the code
> into the Apache repository?

Yes I believe  we do need the CLA first.  According to
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#poding-ip-clearance

Initial Code Dump

For corporate contributions, the SGA or CCLA MUST be completed,
submitted and received before the code is imported.

For contributions composed of patches from individual contributors, it
is safe to import the code once the major contributors (by volume) have
completed ICLAs or SGAs.

In either case, the code to be imported should be attached to a JIRA and
then imported. It is recommended that the previous version control
system is tagged so that the imported version is precisely known.

Re: Welcome to Quarks!

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:39 AM, Dan Debrunner (Apache) <
danapache@debrunners.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > A warm welcome to contributors to the Quarks community!

Thank you, Kathy, for getting this set up!

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:39 AM, Dan Debrunner (Apache) <
> danapache@debrunners.com> wrote:
>
> What are the next steps to get the code in?
>
> I expect to be able to submit the CLA from IBM for the code within the
next few days.  Do we need the CLA in place before we can move the code
into the Apache repository?

Regards,
Kathy

Re: Welcome to Quarks!

Posted by "Dan Debrunner (Apache)" <da...@debrunners.com>.
On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org> wrote:
> A warm welcome to contributors to the Quarks community!

Thanks Kathey for setting up the infrastructure.

> (also test message to seed the archives and get the list started)

Here's the link to the archives:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-quarks-dev/

and they are working.

What are the next steps to get the code in?

I've not used git at Apache so it's going to be a learning experience:

I found this: http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html

I wonder though if there is anything more advanced, having patch files
seems a touch out of date compared to a pull request at github where
it's very easy to browse to review the code and add general comments
or a comment specific to a line.

Thanks,
Dan.