Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org> on 2022/08/10 20:51:20 UTC

Re: hide Artemis codec key from Hawtio console

The "Runtime" section of Hawtio is populated by information from the
java.lang:type=Runtime MBean [1]. Therefore, you can modify
etc/management.xml to disallow access to this MBean, e.g.:

         <match domain="java.lang" key="type=Runtime">
            <access method="*" roles="no-access"/>
         </match>

Only users in the role "no-access" will be allowed to see the attributes of
this MBean. This will effectively hide the codec key from anybody using JMX
(including the web console).

Justin

[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/java.management/java/lang/management/RuntimeMXBean.html