Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Cayetano <ca...@gomezgil.es> on 2017/09/08 08:40:04 UTC

Extension to change host info

Hi,

First, I apologize for my bad English.

I want to add information to the host list that presents guacamole, to
launch other actions. Call another website with host information on which we
stand.

Is this possible ?

Regards
Cayetano

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Extension to change host info

Posted by vnick <vn...@apache.org>.
vnick wrote
> Cayetano wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> First, I apologize for my bad English.
>>
>> I want to add information to the host list that presents guacamole, to
>> launch other actions. Call another website with host information on which
>> we
>> stand.
>>
>> Is this possible ?
>> You're right.
>>
>> I have installed a Guacamole that is updated through several scripts and
>> allows to connect to the consoles of the virtual machines hosted in
>> several clusters of Hyper-V and VmWare.
>>
>> The idea is that next to each connection appears or a button that opens
>> another page, with information of the Host and the possibility to start /
>> stop / restart or, directly, the necessary buttons.
>
> As far as what you're trying to do, there's not anything currently
> built-in
> to the Guacamole Client that allows you to extend it like this.

It's possible I was mistaken about this - the guacamole-ext page in the
manual contains a lot of information about extending Guacamole:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html

The extension framework may allow you to make these changes without
customizing the core of Guacamole.  Have a look at the guidance on that page
and see if it helps, and post back here if you have any other questions.

-Nick

Posted by drhoule <dr...@hubcc.ca>.
Thank you Nick I will look into it soon.
Dr Houle

Posted by vnick <vn...@apache.org>.
drhoule wrote
> Can you provide a small code example of the possible web app using guacd?
>
> I could look into it, since I would like to do something similar in my
> studio.
>
> Just a few lines on how to execute a connection to a host name or IP...
>
> Dr. Houle

The Guacamole Client code itself, while not a "small code example," has all
of the necessary items implemented to help out with that - particularly the
-common parts of the client code.  You can also take a look at the following
page in the Guacamole manual:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/writing-you-own-guacamole-app.html

Beyond those things, I do not have any example code that uses guacd.
However, I believe a handful of other folks have written custom apps using
the Guacamole API and maybe they would be willing to share here.

-Nick

Posted by vnick <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by vnick <vn...@apache.org>.
Cayetano wrote
> Hi,
>
> First, I apologize for my bad English.
>
> I want to add information to the host list that presents guacamole, to
> launch other actions. Call another website with host information on which
> we
> stand.
>
> Is this possible ?
> You're right.
>
> I have installed a Guacamole that is updated through several scripts and
> allows to connect to the consoles of the virtual machines hosted in
> several clusters of Hyper-V and VmWare.
>
> The idea is that next to each connection appears or a button that opens
> another page, with information of the Host and the possibility to start /
> stop / restart or, directly, the necessary buttons.

Cayetano,
First, please try to keep your responses on the mailing list - do not
respond individually - if you do, others cannot help out! :-)

As far as what you're trying to do, there's not anything currently built-in
to the Guacamole Client that allows you to extend it like this.  There are a
couple of routes you go to accomplish what you are trying to do:
- Write a custom web application that uses the Guacamole protocol (guacd and
the Guacamole common items), but not the full Guacamole client.
- Fork the Guacamole client code and modify to suit your needs.  You can
always attempt to contribute code back to the project if you like - if
you're changes are things that the Guacamole project feels would be useful
for the overall project, they might end up being included in the code.
- If you're not up to writing the code yourself you can always see if
someone would be willing to do it for you, usually for a cost.  The
Guacamole web site has a list of companies that support Guacamole and that
you could contact for these services:
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/support/#commercial-support.  And, for
the shameless plug...I'm also happy to do some freelance work, if you so
require.

-Nick

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/