Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com> on 2003/09/26 18:21:11 UTC

re Friend of gump was Re: Stefan's comments on Gumpy

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>BTW: What bugs me is if product X changes it's API (or fails to run
>>unit tests) and hence breaks innocent product Y, then Y gets the bad
>>mark. If X is then stagnant/unresponsive, Y gets slammed. I don't
>>see a way that Gump can detect it was X that broke Y, and not Z. Now
>>I realize that Y will eventually move off X,
>>

>Very unlikely, even for projects that consider themselves "friends of
>Gump".  When has Gump tried to build Cocoon or Forrest the last time?
>Are you aware that almost all krysalis-* projects fail every night
>"because Centipede has not been not initialized"? 8-)

Yes we know krysalis are failing consitently.    (I guesss I am allowing
myself to be asleep at the wheel).
The continued gump failures are one of the reasons POI stoped using
centipede.

I would say centipede is not very gump freindly right now.  And people
should be aware about that.  More importantly krysalis needs to fix it.

R,
Nick

Re: re Friend of gump was Re: Stefan's comments on Gumpy

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Adam R. B. Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Basically, I feel it'd be nice to be able to judge based upon simple
> facts, and if krysalis-* set needed to be nice friends of gump (and
> their dependees) then it ought be apparent.

See <http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/gump/> from my last nightly build.
I've only uploaded the logs fot the krysalis builds, not all logs so
most links are probably dead.

The builds I've been talking about are krysalis-antlibs-all,
krysalis-ruper, krysalis-centipede-site and krysalis-version-antlib.
Some others are failing as well.

Stefan

Re: re Friend of gump was Re: Stefan's comments on Gumpy

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> > I would say centipede is not very gump freindly right now.  And people
> > should be aware about that.  More importantly krysalis needs to fix it.
>
> Now my personal gump does work most nights.
> But we did have a long period of no success.

This is where statistics (and the module based, not project based, view in
Gumpy) would help. :-) I think there are far more krysalis-* projects
succeeding, than failing, but the current interface doesn't make that clear.

Basically, I feel it'd be nice to be able to judge based upon simple facts,
and if krysalis-* set needed to be nice friends of gump (and their
dependees) then it ought be apparent.

Just my tuppence.

regards

Adam

Re: re Friend of gump was Re: Stefan's comments on Gumpy

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.