Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io> on 2016/12/01 00:42:44 UTC

Re: Message order different each time stream is replayed?

How many partitions do you have in that topic. Kafka only guarantees a
total ordering of messages within a partition, not across partitions of a
topic. If you want total ordering over the entire topic, you need to create
a topic with a single partition.

Posted by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com>.
Ah, That explains it. I have 3 partitions.