Posted to stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org by Chintana Wilamuna <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/17 08:33:27 UTC

.Net StockTrader - HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

Hi,

I followed - http://cwiki.apache.org/STONEHENGE/stonehenge-net-stocktrader-installation-guide.html

When it came to installing the .Net 3.5 SP1, I'm getting 2 options in
the setup. Repair and Uninstall. Which means it's installed in the
machine. Looks like ASP.NET 3.5 is inside the .Net 3.5 SP1. They
direct me to the same installation file.

So, I assumed everything is installed correctly and made through with
rest of the items.

Now, when I try to access http://localhost/trade, I'm getting an error
message (a screenshot with the error message is attached.)

I'm running Vista Ultimate (64 bit) SP1. Any tips/pointers to get pass
this is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bye,

    -Chintana

--
http://engwar.com/

Re: .Net StockTrader - HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

Posted by Chintana Wilamuna <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Drew Baird (Volt)
<a-...@microsoft.com> wrote:

> 1. Do you have an C:\inetpub directory?

Yes.

> Can you get a page when you enter in a browser: http://localhost.
> You should see the IIS7 default page?

Yes, I see this.

> 2. Is .Net 3.51 Installed?
> Here is a way to know exactly what you have in .Net:
> http://blog.davidyardy.com/archive/2009/01/25/40.aspx
>  Basically you need to look in the registry.

Great. Looks like I have it installed.

Anyway, I went through with the 'Repair' option but it doesn't seem to
make a difference.

I got my Vista version mixed up previously, it's Home Premium.

Bye,

    -Chintana

Posted by Chintana Wilamuna <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Drew Baird (Volt)" <a-...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Chintana,

There may be two issues:

1. Did you create a virtual directory?
From [1]
 -  Setup the website under IIS
 -  In IIS manager
 -  Right-click Default Website and choose Add a Virtual Directory
 -  Enter trade as the alias.
 -  Select trader_client\trade as the physical path
 -  If your running vista, right-click the virtual directory and choose Convert to Application.

2. If ASP.Net was installed out of order running servicemodelreg64.cmd may fix the issue.

...\stocktrader\dotnet\setup_utilities\Util\servicemodelreg64.cmd

hth
Drew
[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STONEHENGE/Stonehenge+.NET+StockTrader+Installation+Guide