Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2011/08/03 18:17:32 UTC

Ip clearance for hosting tomcat maven plugin (moving away from Mojo project @codehaus)

Hi,
You will find here[1] an ip clearance form in order to move
tomcat-maven-plugin from mojo project hosted at codehaus to Apache
Tomcat project.
Related vote threads in tomcat dev ml [2] and in Mojo project [3]

Let me know what are next steps.

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

[1] http://people.apache.org/~olamy/tomcat-maven-plugin-to-apache/ip-clearance-tomcat-maven-plugin.xml
[2] http://markmail.org/message/ejqg6vsnxq5rm3jw
[3] http://markmail.org/message/brxxc37rozz6kyf4

Re: Ip clearance for hosting tomcat maven plugin (moving away from Mojo project @codehaus)

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Thanks for review.
Updated again :-)

2011/8/10 Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> 2011/8/10 Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> The copyright section [1] still includes the sentence explaining how
>>> to record a grant [2]. If the copyright is owned by ASF committers and
>>> all contributors are in agreement then AIUI a software grant isn't
>>> required. This does need to be recorded in the IP clearance, though.
>>> Just replace the grant line [2] with your note about developed by ASF
>>> committers under the ASF.
>>
>> Just updated.
>> Let me know if it's better now.
>
> fine except for a typo (developped -> developed)
>
> If the checks in the "Verify distribution rights"[1] have been
> completed then replace the boilerplate guidance[2] with a note
> confirming that all the developers have CLAs on record with Apache.
>
> Robert
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/tomcat-maven-plugin.html#Verify+distribution+rights
> [2] Generally, the result of checking off these items will be a
> Software Grant, CLA, and Corporate CLA for ASF licensed code, which
> must have no dependencies upon items whose licenses that are
> incompatible with the Apache License.

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: Ip clearance for hosting tomcat maven plugin (moving away from Mojo project @codehaus)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/8/10 Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Approval is needed but AIUI the IPMC uses lazy consensus [2] in this case
>>>
>>> I see it [3]. I'm a little unclear about the way it's arriving at
>>> Apache. Is there a software grant?
>>
>> The code is coming from Codehaus where it was developped on ASF
>> license (by ASF committers)
>> A software grant ? from who ? I miss you here.
>
> The copyright section [1] still includes the sentence explaining how
> to record a grant [2]. If the copyright is owned by ASF committers and
> all contributors are in agreement then AIUI a software grant isn't
> required. This does need to be recorded in the IP clearance, though.
> Just replace the grant line [2] with your note about developed by ASF
> committers under the ASF.

Just updated.
Let me know if it's better now.

Thanks !

> Robert
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/tomcat-maven-plugin.html#copyright
> [2] "Identify name recorded for software grant: the name of the grant
> as record in the grants.txt document so that the grant can be easily
> identified"

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: Ip clearance for hosting tomcat maven plugin (moving away from Mojo project @codehaus)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/8/9 Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Ok.
>> I have patched the site and noticed the lazy consensus note.
>> But I'm puzzled here as tomcat folks ask an approval from incubator PMC [1].
>
> Approval is needed but AIUI the IPMC uses lazy consensus [2] in this case
>
> I see it [3]. I'm a little unclear about the way it's arriving at
> Apache. Is there a software grant?

The code is coming from Codehaus where it was developped on ASF
license (by ASF committers)
A software grant ? from who ? I miss you here.

> Robert
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/3deowalr7h5wrebv
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
> [3] http://people.apache.org/~olamy/tomcat-maven-plugin-to-apache/tomcat-maven-plugin.ta