Posted to dev@tuweni.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> on 2020/08/06 07:48:52 UTC

1.2.0 release?

We have a few things in master now, and 1.1.0 had a bug in its Maven dependencies that doesn’t make libraries look right on Maven Central.

Do you think it would be a good idea to get 1.2.0 rolling?

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: 1.2.0 release?

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Yes, it’s not great. The evmc is in C and evmone is in C++.

There are no releases of evmc C bindings. Releases are just git tags.
Evmone offers downloads of its various binaries as part of its release on GitHub.
Building for every OS requires in all likelihood, at least for evmc, that you run the build in Windows, Linux, and Mac.

I think we can be very iterative.

First, we can move those files to tests, and they’re no longer part of the distro. We leave it to folks to drop the binaries in the load path of java.
Later, we can add the binaries to the distribution artifacts only (zip and tar.gz, docker?) and preconfigure application scripts to load them.

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: 1.2.0 release?

Posted by Danno Ferrin <da...@shemnon.com>.

Re: 1.2.0 release?

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
I’m scrolling through but I’m not seeing anything about not having binaries as dependencies:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html <http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html>

Re: 1.2.0 release?

Posted by Danno Ferrin <da...@shemnon.com>.