Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com> on 2012/03/29 12:27:04 UTC

Website changes

1/ Many internal links in the content were broken due to the changes in
the markdown processing from mdtext to html.

What's changed is that generated links use "-" for space (not "_"),
lowercase is used for everything and it drops non-alphanumerics.

I'm done a wholesale fixing of the website by scanning for candidate
broken links and fixing.

  # Upper case
  find . -name \*mdtext -print | xargs grep -l '(#[^)]*[A-Z][^)]*)'
  # Underscore
  find . -name \*mdtext -print | xargs grep -l '(#.*_.*)'

and now, hopefully, things are much better.

It's a lot of change and the chances of missing something are rather too
high.  If you have a moment, please check staging - pick a few pages and
see if the links in the main content area work.  You may need to refresh
as the caching is quite long.

2/ style tweak

Separately ad independently, while in the area, I changed the
line-height of the content area so the lines are more widely spaced.  On
pages with large paragraphs, I found the text less readable with the
default line height.  This is made worse on my machines because Ubuntu's
arial/helvetica does not display very well (it's over anti-aliased
leading to a less crisp glyphs).

	Andy

Re: Website changes

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 29/03/12 16:50, Robert Vesse wrote:
> I clicked through a ton of stuff (the entire sidebar plus  a bunch of links of individual topics which lead to sub pages and aren't in the sidebar) and couldn't find anything obviously broken
>
> Rob

Phew.

Thanks.

In that case, I'll push staging to live sometime soon. There are broken
links (far fewer) on live but that include TDB transaction material.  It
seems to be related to whether a page has been updated or not -
guessing, the translator runs on a change in staging.

	Andy

Re: Website changes

Posted by Robert Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.