Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Laura Kruse <lm...@cis.ksu.edu> on 2000/04/19 21:50:48 UTC

text-only / overridding media values

	Ok say for example I have an xml document that is renderede based on if
the browser is a wap device, lynx browser, or something else (netscape,
ie, etc.).

	Suppose I want to have a link on the full scale graphical version that
will let the user view a text only version of the site (if the so
desire).  How do I get cocoon to apply the lynx stylesheet's instead of
the netscape/ie stylesheet when it's not a lynx browser that is viewing
the page and to have it ingore the other media types specified.

	The only thing I can think of at the moment is to make seperate xml
files for the rendering without the specific media='something' but that
sort of goes against seperating content from formatting, and I want to
be lazy and have one xml file for everything.  It's so much easier to
update that way.  Any suggestions?

	- Laura