Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Andreas Kostyrka <an...@kostyrka.org> on 2008/03/22 10:01:58 UTC

Re: NFS mounted home, host RSA keys, localhost, strict sshds and bad mojo.

Add a .ssh/config file and make it stop doing the hostkey check for
localhost.

Andreas

Posted by Peeyush Bishnoi <pe...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi ,

Yeah!!! you can tell hadoop to use the IP or hostname instead of localhost by specifying in hadoop configuration file i.e hadoop-site.xml . The parameters for hadoop-site.xml you can copy from hadoop-default.xml .

For NameNode:

<name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value><IP/Hostname>:54310</value>

For JobTracker:

 <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value><IP/Hostname>:54311</value>

For ssh related problem follow some nice online tutorial for enabling the passwordless connection across machines using same key. If you still not able to solve the problem . Let me know .

Thanks ,

---
Peeyush