Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by barham <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/03 05:56:40 UTC

Re: HDFS Caching

Thanks, stepping through the code some more, I found that it is in fact
reading from the cache.  The IgfsSecondaryFileSystemPositionedReadable that
is returned from open is not actually being used.

I do have a follow-up question though.  I have a file in HDFS that is
chmod-ed 600 to user1.  When I turn on Ignite on top of HDFS, if user1 reads
the file, it gets into cache, now user2 is able to read the file (bad for
me).  If I restart Ignite and user2 tries to read the file before it is
cached, I receive "Failed to read data due to secondary file system
exception: Permission denied" which is what I expected.  One, is there any
built-in way to prevent this (a per user cache?, permissions on the cache?)?
Two, is there any way to create a custom IgfsMetaManager.  In my own
Secondary FS implementation, it might be useful to have control over how the
id is created so that I can have files in my file system that have the same
path, but actually are different based on user (and thus can't be cached
just by file path alone).

-Barry

Re: HDFS Caching

Posted by Ivan Veselovsky <iv...@gridgain.com>.
Hi, Barry,
yes, permission security model is not currently supported in IGFS. The
permission mode just propagated to IGFS and can be taken as a part of file
meta information. But that does not restrict access to the file: anybody who
can access cache can access file data. You can create feature-request ticket
in our  Jira  and discuss implementation on dev-list (
dev@ignite.incubator.apache.org ).