Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/10/12 11:15:37 UTC

Selecting a unique name for SchemaObject/SchemaEntity/SchemaElement

Hi,

just to avoid using different names for the same element, can we agree
on a unique name for what is called
SchemaObject/SchemaEntity/SchemaElement ?

Right now, I'm mainly using SchemaObject in the server, but frankly, I
think that SchemaEntity fits better (SchemaElement is too vague IMO).

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Selecting a unique name for SchemaObject/SchemaEntity/SchemaElement

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just to avoid using different names for the same element, can we agree on a
> unique name for what is called SchemaObject/SchemaEntity/SchemaElement ?
>
> Right now, I'm mainly using SchemaObject in the server, but frankly, I
> think that SchemaEntity fits better (SchemaElement is too vague IMO).

Aye +1 for SchemaEntity.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: Selecting a unique name for SchemaObject/SchemaEntity/SchemaElement

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
+1
Same comment as Kiran.

Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by ayyagarikiran <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just to avoid using different names for the same element, can we agree
> on a unique name for what is called
> SchemaObject/SchemaEntity/SchemaElement ?

+1

> Right now, I'm mainly using SchemaObject in the server, but frankly, I
> think that SchemaEntity fits better (SchemaElement is too vague IMO).

I'd vote for SchemaObject or SchemaElement. I think I used SchemaElement
 in the past because this term is used in RFCs (RFC 4512).

Kind Regards,
Stefan