Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Sam Preston <j....@gmail.com> on 2005/08/11 23:14:03 UTC

EOFException when using SocketAppender?

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a SocketAppender / SocketNode pair.  I've been
trying  a SocketAppender / SimpleServerSocket setup to begin with, but
whenever my SocketAppender connects to the SimpleServerSocket, I get
an EOFException in the server.  The pertinent part of my properties
file for the SocketAppender side looks like this:

log4j.appender.REMOTE=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.REMOTE.RemoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.REMOTE.Port=7788

and I'm just running the SimpleSocketServer program on the same
machine.  Any ideas?

-Sam