Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/16 17:36:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

Hi,

I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2 release at

   http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.2.2/

See the included RELEASE-NOTES.txt file for details on release
contents and latest changes. The release was made from the 1.2 branch
after merging all the bug fixes listed in the release notes. Note that
even though this is a patch release, I've included two clustering
changes that are not strictly bug fixes on the grounds that the
clustering feature is still in beta level.

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from Jackrabbit
committers are binding. The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes
are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2
[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2.
> The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from Jackrabbit
> committers are binding. The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes
> are cast.

+1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

regards
  marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On 2/16/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2.

 +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

cheers
stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 2/16/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2.

[x] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 2/20/07, Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com> wrote:
> well, the issue may leave the repository in an unusable state: in more
> detail, the root node might contain an entry in its child node entry
> list with no corresponding child node. Is that critical enough?

As far as I understood the problem only affects a specific concurrent
use case when clustering is enabled. Thus I'd label it as a major
issue but not critical, especially since clustering is still marked as
a beta feature for the 1.2 branch.

Please file it as a bug report for this and I'll consider making a
1.2.3 release once the issue is fixed.

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi,

well, the issue may leave the repository in an unusable state: in more
detail, the root node might contain an entry in its child node entry
list with no corresponding child node. Is that critical enough?

Cheers
Dominique

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi Jukka,

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.
On 2/16/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2.

a non binding +1 from a user, hoping that devs will cast their
positive vote soon ;)

cheers
fabrizio

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
 +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

regards, toby

On 2/16/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2 release at
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.2.2/
>
> See the included RELEASE-NOTES.txt file for details on release
> contents and latest changes. The release was made from the 1.2 branch
> after merging all the bug fixes listed in the release notes. Note that
> even though this is a patch release, I've included two clustering
> changes that are not strictly bug fixes on the grounds that the
> clustering feature is still in beta level.
>
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2.
> The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from Jackrabbit
> committers are binding. The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes
> are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2
> [ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 2/16/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.2.
> The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from Jackrabbit
> committers are binding. The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes
> are cast.

The vote passes with four binding +1 votes and one non-binding +1 vote.

The binding votes were:

    +1 Jukka Zitting
    +1 Stefan Guggisberg
    +1 Tobias Bocanegra
    +1 Marcel Reutegger

The non-binding vote was:

    +1 Fabrizio Giustina

Thanks for voting! I'll proceed to make the public release
announcement tomorrow once the release has been replicated through the
mirroring system. I'll also push the release artifacts to the Maven
repositories.

BR,

Jukka Zitting