Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christoph Hermann <ch...@tu-clausthal.de> on 2005/07/29 11:32:49 UTC

Several Questions regarding Cocoon + Lucene

Hello,

is there a way to specify where the index should be created and what its
name is?
In the samples/blocks/lucene sitemap there is a search done on some
index called "index2":

<map:generate type="search">
        <map:parameter name="index" value="index2"/>
</map:generate>

and my question is, how is that index created?

The example (flow.js) crawls the pages like this:

var util = cocoon.createObject("org.apache.cocoon.samples.LuceneUtil");
util.createIndex(baseURL, create );

There is no way to specify the index location or name. How is that done?

And one more question, is it possible to define several crawler and
indexer? (i.e. some crawler would only craw pdf's (*.pdf) and nothing
else and some othere would only crawl html pages. Then i would have two
indices which i could search separately (i.e. because pdfs and
html-pages have different fields in their content).

If someone could help me with that i'd be happy.

With kind regards
Christoph Hermann