Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by paul campbell <se...@halcyon.com> on 2001/04/07 08:22:14 UTC

HotSpot Virtual Machine Error - Solved

Running Soap 2.0 samples/addressbook
(and other demo programs)

on Linux(RH 6.2) with Tomcat, I kept getting
HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Unexpected Signal 11

I put a bug into Sun and got back a workaround
to upgrade to the jdk 1.3.1 beta. 4hr turnaround!

It actually worked!

Re: HotSpot Virtual Machine Error - Solved

Posted by Rainer Faller <ra...@innovations.de>.
I had a similar problem on Linux 7.1, 256 MB RAM.

This is the error message I received while trying to deploy my service.

# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Unexpected Signal 11
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505005BC
#
# Problematic Thread: prio=1 tid=0x804deb8 nid=0x1aca runnable
#
./deploy.sh: line 19:  6858 Abgebrochen             $JAVA_HOME/bin/java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient http://localhost:80/soap
/servlet/rpcrouter deploy $SOAP2ERI_HOME/DeploymentDescriptor.xml

I tried to used JDK1.3.1 beta, but no success. It was of course a
classpath problem again. Xerces1.2.3.jar was not found. Now it does
work.

First I did not know what to do, then I started the "deploy Call"
without the HotSpot (java -classic ...) and found that the
xerces1.2.3.jar was missing.

Just want to let you know, now it runs with jdk1.3.0.

Rainer

Re: HotSpot Virtual Machine Error - Solved