Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Radosław Smogura <ma...@smogura.eu> on 2012/11/03 18:39:17 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyPass and authentication

Hello,

I have problem with access to /svn-rs path - I get 404 not found page
from Glassfish server instead of authentication request from Apache.
Checking with FireBug I see headers WWW-Authenticate Basic realm="My
realm", and in addition Powered-By	Servlet/3.0 JSP/2.2
for Glassfish's 404.

In addition I don't see my requests are logged as well in Apache logs,
and Glassfish ones.

Here are snips of my config

<VirtualHost 217.118.26.142:
ServerName X
ServerAlias X Y Z
UseCanonicalName off
SetOutputFilter deflate

#Snips logging and SSL

ProxyPass /svn-rs !
ProxyPass / balancer://cluster-1-ajp-s/
ProxyPassReverse / balancer://cluster-1-ajp-s/

<Location /svn-rs>
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
DAV svn
SVNParentPath /srv/svn-rs

AuthType Basic
Require ldap-dn DN
#Snips
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

When I comment ProxyPass / ajp:// or I will down Glassfish everything
works as expected.

I haven't used this path for some time, but I'm sure it was working on
1th April 2012 (I checked in logs), today this stopped to work.

Can someone explain me what I do wrong?

Kind regards,
Radosław Smogura

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPass and authentication

Posted by Radosław Smogura <ma...@smogura.eu>.
Hello,

I checked logs for Apache version change
5th April 2012      Apache/2.2.21 (Linux/SUSE) mod_ssl/2.2.21
OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8 DAV/2 SVN/1.6.17 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.14.2
3th September 2012  Apache/2.2.21 (Linux/SUSE) mod_ssl/2.2.21
OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8 DAV/2 SVN/1.6.18 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.14.2

It's looks like SVN only reports version change. Is this module managed
by Apache or by SVN team? Can module be written such a way that failed
authentication may result in passing requests to PrxyPass? I don't know
about HTTPD API, but maybe some change in function result (e. g. backed
thinks not found) can cause it?

When I comment ProxyPass / balancer:// line I can login to SVN, via web
browswer, then if I uncomment this and restart server I can still browse
SVN, but when I clear active logins from Firefox I get Glassfish 404.

Regards

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.