Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Michael Hess <mi...@nols.edu.INVALID> on 2023/02/03 21:53:48 UTC

LDAP with SAML, SSH keys, and MacOS issues

Hey folks!

I want to enable LDAP in my Guac Docker, I added the ldap environment variables to the docker-compose.yml, removed the image, and did "docker compose up" but it didn't add the .jar within the image/container. How do I go about that?

Then, I'm using Azure for SSO, will the guac server take that username and somehow allow it to check against ldap to use the ${GUAC_USERNAME} and password tag to pass through?

Then, can I have each user assign their own ssh private key somewhere so they don't have to enter it into a new connection for each server themselves? I'd prefer to create all connections, so nobody else has to, and just assign by groups. And the host key box doesn't work, fails to connect, taking the key directly from known_hosts.

Lastly, cut/paste doesn't work on a mac client from a mac host. The Alt key maps to the windows key, and the windows (whatever it is on mac) doesn't do anything. The slide cut/past box won't work in either direction.

Thanks for any insight!

Michael Hess

Re: LDAP with SAML, SSH keys, and MacOS issues

Posted by Michael Hess <mi...@nols.edu.INVALID>.
Thank you, Nick. That's what I suspected.

Got LDAP working, boneheaded typo on my part. I may just do LDAP with TOTP then. Would be great if SSO worked, followed by the bind user being able to at least show users and groups for config purposes, even if it can't get the password, which totally makes sense!

Mac is a pain for everything. I'll try key mappings on the host/client to see if I can make it work satisfactorily.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions!

Michael
Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.