Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Fuhwei Lwo <fu...@bricemedia.com> on 2007/05/07 16:47:17 UTC

[Java SDO] - Should SDOUtil.XML_LOAD_SCHEMA be the default option?

I just noticed sometimes the users have XML document using xsi:schemaLocation attribute to reference its XSD. In order to load this document with its types resolved by SDO, the option SDOUtil.XML_LOAD_SCHEMA needs to be set specifically in the load method. I think this is inconvenient to the users and also SDOUtil is not a spec compliant API.

My suggestion is to get rid of this SDOUtil option and make it a default which will always load the schema if xsi:schemaLocation is specified.

Fuhwei Lwo

Re: [Java SDO] - Should SDOUtil.XML_LOAD_SCHEMA be the default option?

Posted by Fuhwei Lwo <fu...@bricemedia.com>.
Hi Frank,

I don't know the reason. To me, I think it should be the default and no need to turn it off.

Fuhwei

Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com> wrote: Hi Fuhwei,

I agree. Maybe we should have the SDOUtil option to allow people to turn
if off, although I wonder if there's really a use case for turning it off.
Do you know why it's an option in EMF, instead of the default?

Frank.

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Fuhwei,