Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Harris <Jo...@nurs.utah.edu> on 2001/08/13 16:47:15 UTC

problem with mod_webapp.so on Solaris

I'm trying to upgrade to Tomcat 4.0, using my current install of Apache 1.3.19.
I am able to make mod_webapp.so just fine, but when I go to test apache with apachectl configtest I get the error:

"Syntax error on line 72 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: libmm.so.11: open failed: No such file or directory"

This is on a SPARC solaris 2.6 install. I downloaded the cvs on saturday night for jakarta-tomcat-connectors as well as the apr.

Thanks,

John Harris.

Re: problem with mod_webapp.so on Solaris

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
John Harris at John.Harris@nurs.utah.edu wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade to Tomcat 4.0, using my current install of Apache
> 1.3.19.
> I am able to make mod_webapp.so just fine, but when I go to test apache with
> apachectl configtest I get the error:
>
> "Syntax error on line 72 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server: ld.so.1:
> /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: libmm.so.11: open failed: No such file or
> directory"
>
> This is on a SPARC solaris 2.6 install. I downloaded the cvs on saturday night
> for jakarta-tomcat-connectors as well as the apr.

Whops... Glitch in the build process? Did you build it following the
README.txt file included into it? Hmm... I'm wondering. LibMM is included
into APR, and when APR gets configured, it is configured with
--enable-static --disable-shared, so libmm.so SHOULD NOT be built, but its
static counterpart (libmm.a) should be there. Can you check in your APR
build directory for a "libmm.*" file and tell me what you find? (Use
something like "find apr/ | grep libmm", as some of the libraries are in
hidden directories - damn libtool!).

    Pier