Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2002/02/22 00:33:19 UTC

[COLLECTIONS] Avalon's BucketMap meets commons?

Hi,
we introduced a new Collection class "the BucketMap"
into Avalon Excalibur some days ago:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/collecti
ons/BucketMap.java

It's mainly based on this idea:
<http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-threads2.html>

BTW: It doesn't implement the Map interface, yet

Interests?

  ~Gerhard

RE: [COLLECTIONS] Avalon's BucketMap meets commons?

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Michael,

>> we introduced a new Collection class "the BucketMap"
>> into Avalon Excalibur some days ago:
>>
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur
>/collecti
>> ons/BucketMap.java
>>
>> It's mainly based on this idea:
>> <http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-threads2.html>
>>
>> BTW: It doesn't implement the Map interface, yet
>>
>> Interests?
>
>absolutely.  :)

Hehe I know that...

>If someone has more time and wants to change it to implement Map,
>that'd be great, otherwise, I should be able to get to it eventually.

Maybe I find some time at the weekend. The first will win ;)

  ~Gerhard

Calvin: People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they
don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the
world.
Hobbes: Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

Re: [COLLECTIONS] Avalon's BucketMap meets commons?

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <mi...@iammichael.org>.
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
> Hi,
> we introduced a new Collection class "the BucketMap"
> into Avalon Excalibur some days ago:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/collecti
> ons/BucketMap.java
>
> It's mainly based on this idea:
> <http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-threads2.html>
>
> BTW: It doesn't implement the Map interface, yet
>
> Interests?

absolutely.  :)

If someone has more time and wants to change it to implement Map,
that'd be great, otherwise, I should be able to get to it eventually.

michael