Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anant D Agarwal <an...@in.ibm.com> on 2004/09/29 05:55:19 UTC

Problem related to Struts-tiles

Hi,
I am using tiles in my project .I am using classic layout

my" tiles-defs.xml " which i made have one definition tag like this

<definition name="site.mainLayout"
path="/layouts/classicLayout.jsp">
<put name="title" value="Tiles Blank Site" />
<put name="header" value="/tiles/common/header.jsp" />
<put name="menu" value="/tiles/common/menu.jsp" />
<put name="footer" value="/tiles/common/footer.jsp" />
<put name="body" value="/tiles/body.jsp" />
</definition>

now I am extending this definition tag with another definition

<definition name="site.homeLayout"
extends="site.mainLayout"">

<put name="body" value="/tiles/homebody.jsp" />
</definition>

Now when  in my first definition i have one menu.jsp on clicking on that
menu i call extended definition.
Now problem it refresh the entire page instead of body page.

I want only body content should refresh rest header,footer and menu should

remain like this just like when we use frames.

kindlly suggest what should i do.

regards & thanks
Anant

Regards and thanks,