Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by eShard <zi...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/07 21:10:44 UTC

How to parse multivalued data into single valued fields?

Hi,
I'm currently using solr 4.0 final with Manifoldcf v1.3 dev.
I have multivalued titles (the names are all the same so far) that must go
into a single valued field.
Can a transformer do this?
Can anyone show me how to do it?

And this has to fire off before an update chain takes place.

Re: How to parse multivalued data into single valued fields?

Posted by eShard <zi...@yahoo.com>.
Ok, I have one index called Communities from an RSS feed.
each item in the feed has multiple titles (which are all the same for this
feed)
So, the title needs to be cleaned up before it is put into the community
let's call the field community_title;
And then an UpdateProcessorChain needs to fire and it takes community_title
and puts it into another index for auto completion suggestions called
SolrAC.

Does that make sense?

Re: How to parse multivalued data into single valued fields?

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
"before an update chain"

Really? Why?

And if so, then you will definitely have to deal with it before handing the
data to Solr since the update chain is where preprocessing of input data
normally happens for updates in Solr.

Be specific as to what processing you want to occur. Provide an example if
you can.

-- Jack Krupansky