Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dirk Forchel <di...@exedio.com> on 2012/03/05 13:55:07 UTC

wiQuery and ivy

I've a qestion regarding ivy and wiQuery.
I'd like to use the wiQuery jars (wiquery-core and wiquery-jquery-ui) in the
same way I do with all the Wicket libraries. For example, a configuration
dependency for the Wicket core library in my project ivy.xml is written
like:

This means, ivy is looking for the wicket-core jar in the defined
repositories and downloads the sources jar as well.
In order to download the wiQuery libs, I've added a URL resolver within my
global ivysettings.xml:

And in my ivy.xml I've added the following lines of code:

This works fine. But I can't download the sources jar, although the sources
jar can be found on the wiquery respository
(https://wiquery.googlecode.com/svn/repo/org/odlabs/wiquery/wiquery-core/1.5.4/)
too. What I miss is the dependency configuration for sources in the pom.xml.
Can this be added from one of the projects member? Or exists another way to
download the sources jar with ivy?
Thank you.

RE: wiQuery and ivy

Posted by Dirk Forchel <di...@exedio.com>.
The sources are just for our IDE (Eclipse) to link these sources to the
binaries.
Because the wiquery repository is maven2 compatible, I've changed the
resolver configuration in my ivysettings.xml to "ibiblio":

I assume only this resolver can downoad all jars (sources, docs) from the
repository if this one is maven compatible.
Using the m2compatible attribute for this resolver, one can benefit from
maven2 repository compatibility. This setting also affects the default place
where the resolver looks for its artifacts to point to the maven2
repository. So setting this attribute to true is sufficient to use maven 2
ibiblio repository.

RE: wiQuery and ivy

Posted by Hielke Hoeve <Hi...@topicus.nl>.
If you can specify what I need to add in the pom.xml of WiQuery then I am happy to add it, however this Ivy is unknown to me so I have no idea what to do.

Sources themselves are not a viable dependency for any java project using using dependency management or not, they are merely fetched so that an IDE can link the sources to the binaries so that the user can browse them or use them wihile debugging. Adding the sources as a required dependency seems odd to me... Maven knows what to do thanks to a plugin, perhaps this also available for Ivy?

Hielke