Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com> on 2015/09/07 01:35:45 UTC

OSGi DS and CXF

I'm thinking of trying an experiment with declarative services.

If I just call the plain old factory API to create a JAX-RS service,
will it plug into the whiteboard without a fuss, or is there something
that the blueprint stuff does that I need to attend to?

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
Sorry, I was distracted. I have something working, mind you, but I bet
this is cuter.

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Was posted earlier:

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I am also working on nicer integration with DS but am not yet finished.

What you can do easily is combine DS with dOSGi. Simply export an
annotated JAXRS service with DS and use the properties for DOSGi.
DOSGi will pick up the services and export them using CXF JAXRS.

Christian

Am 08.09.2015 um 12:37 schrieb Benson Margulies:
> Well, it turned out that the obvious worked -- I just called up a
> JAXRSServiceFactory inside a DS activator method, and it did the right
> thing.
>
> Meanwhile, David Jencks encouraged me to think about a cleaner
> solution in CXF, but i need to realistically have enough time to
> before I bother you with it.
>

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 5:16 AM, Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sure, Dan, Christian, they can help,
>>
>> Just one point is that the code below is unlikely to bind to OSGI HTTP
>> Service, in CXF Blueprint we have a default NonSpring CXFServlet registered
>> with HttpService and then individual endpoints loaded from Blueprint
>> contexts registering the destinations with DestinationRegistry created at a
>> time the default CXFServlet is loaded.
>>
>> I know it is not DOSGI but this code might also help:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/cxf-dosgi/blob/master/dsw/cxf-dsw/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/dosgi/dsw/handlers/HttpServiceManager.java#L73
>>
>> I think you might need to go that route too (create a servlet -
>> CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet may be - that can be initilized with JAX-RS
>> Application instances which can hold resource class and provider instances,
>> then get HTTPService - via a tracker or directly from the bundle context,
>> and set that servlet on the service).
>>
>> Lets see what others say too
>>
>> Cheers, Sergey
>>

>> On 07/09/15 18:19, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I'm going to need more help here from people celebrating the
>>> holiday :-)
>>>
>>> I wrote:
>>>
>>> JAXRSServerFactoryBean sf = new JAXRSServerFactoryBean();
>>> sf.setServiceBean(this);
>>> sf.setAddress("/worker");

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Sure, Dan, Christian, they can help,

Just one point is that the code below is unlikely to bind to OSGI HTTP
Service, in CXF Blueprint we have a default NonSpring CXFServlet
registered with HttpService and then individual endpoints loaded from
Blueprint contexts registering the destinations with DestinationRegistry
created at a time the default CXFServlet is loaded.

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
No, not dosgi.

Re: OSGi DS and CXF

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benson

I honestly do not know.
Is DS similar to Distributed OSGI ?
Actually, I see:

https://github.com/apache/cxf-dosgi/tree/master/samples/ds
https://github.com/apache/cxf-dosgi/blob/master/samples/ds/impl/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/component.xml

I wonder if DOSGI is needed for a CXF endpoint be set up from a DS
context ? I'm not sure if other alternatives are available, i.e, can
that be easily supported if needed with some Activator, etc. Perhaps a
plan to use a factory directly will work best without having to use