Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/09 09:02:36 UTC

Regarding Multiple Database Support in tapestry-hibernate module

Hi

I had a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-48 .

I have written a post regarding multiple database support

http://tawus.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/tapestry-magic-9-integrating-with-hibernate-and-multiple-database-support/

Can this be used as a solution to the above issue ?

regards
Taha

Re: Regarding Multiple Database Support in tapestry-hibernate module

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I don't want to change anything that will cause a backward compatibility
problem. All options/annotations will work the way they used to, just, if an
annotation, say @Named("my_sf") is found, the options/annotations will
become specific to that session factory.

@Named("my_second_sf")
@Inject
private Session session;

or

@Named("my_second_sf")
@CommitAfter

Yes, in case of commit, we have to consider a situation where in we want to
commit two transactions from two different session factories. In that case
there is no simple solution. We may then have to check out jta integration
so something.

regards
Taha