Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ma...@t-systems.com on 2008/02/15 14:52:54 UTC

Migration from Axis 1.4 to Axis2

Hi group,

We are currently migrating our web services from Axis 1.4 to Axis 2.

In creating web services we start by writing the implementation class.
Then we run the java2wsdl tool to generate a wsdl file from our
implementation of the service in Axis 1.4. After this, we run the
wsdl2java tool to create all server-side code (Skeleton, MessageReceiver
and the classes used by message receiver).

Can we now somehow point Axis to our implementation of the service? In
Axis 1.4 our Implementation class implemented the Skeleton. In Axis2
there are comments in the generated Skeleton that we should put our
implementation right here. If we put the implementation there and
generate the web service again we will lose our implementation. Is there
a way to prevent this?

Alternatively, what do you suggest is the best way to create a web
service when we start with an implementation class?

Thanks,

Matthias.