Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mike Danifo <md...@mindspring.com> on 2003/02/21 05:26:41 UTC

updating my james version

Hello,
given the recent announcements about new james versions, I thought I'd
ask this question.
It may seem like an obvious question to james veterans, but as a newbie,
I just have to ask:

what is typically involved in updating a version of james?
can I get away with just copying over the config.xml and/or
environment.xml from the older version?
do I have to manually replicate the changes in these 2 files from one
version to the next?

I have a pretty basic setup, so I don't have to worry about any sql auth
stuff, etc.

thanks

-Mike

Re: updating my james version

Posted by bill parducci <bi...@parducci.net>.
cool, thanks.

BTW: i was dorking around with gvim and found that it does colorized diff in split pane windows.

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com>.
Hi all,

Just to throw something else in for the visual diff tools... I use jEdit for
all my XML editing and Java programming and it can automatically download
and install jDiff a color-coded visual diffing tool. I like it quite a bit.

http://www.jedit.org/

Kenny

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by bill parducci <bi...@parducci.net>.
along those lines, what did you use to accomplish this:

/*
- view color coded difference (good tools help)
*/

diff is a bit rough :o)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Sorry about that.

No problem, Mike.  :-)  I can appreciate that updating can be a nervous
procedure in general.  The more you understand what is happening, the less
nervous.

	--- Noel

RE: updating my james version

Posted by Mike Danifo <md...@mindspring.com>.