Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2011/04/01 17:57:02 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apollo 1.0 Beta 1 (2nd Attempt)

Hi all,

The first release attempt had a fatal flaw (it did not run properly on
linux) so I've recut a
Apollo 1.0 beta 1 release candiate which addresses that issue.

The new release candidate has been staged to nexus under:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-059/

Binary distros can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-059/org/apache/activemq/apache-apollo/1.0-beta1/

Source code distros can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-059/org/apache/activemq/apollo-project/1.0-beta1/

The build was tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-apollo/tags/apollo-project-1.0-beta1/

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/versions/1.0-beta1/website/index.html

Please vote to approve this release

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.5.0

Here's my +1

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apollo 1.0 Beta 1 (2nd Attempt)

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Bruce, Dejan,

Awesome feedback.  I've opened up several issues to try to address the
short comings you guys identified:

Let me know if I missed anything.

BTW.. I've also opened a infra task to create a JIRA project for
apollo https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3560
since it's release cycle is independent of ActiveMQ.

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
+1

my only suggestion for improvement would be to make it able run the broker
without setting env variables, We can do that by

1. distributing 'apollo' script when the new broker is created and modify
apollo-broker to execute it from the same dir
2. modify local apollo script so that it set APOLLO_HOME to the appropriate
value (if it's not already set). This can be done in create process as well.

Think this will make it easier to run the broker (and play with multiple
brokers on the same host) without sacrificing conf+data and installation
separation.

Regards
-----------------
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Connect at CamelOne <http://camelone.com/> May 24-26

The Open Source Integration Conference

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+!

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
+1 on the Getting Started guides.  I like that style of layered approach.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Bruce that sounds good to me.  Apollo is storing it's documentation
along with the project under the apollo-website module so that we can
keep the documentation versioned in lock step with the project.  It
also makes it easier to include the same documentation in the binary
distribution.  Feel free to add more guides :)

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/

Connect at CamelOne May 24-26

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

was able to get up and running with just the command line help. nice :-)

--
http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com