Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Anthony Hong <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/02 14:39:12 UTC

JSF Bean Life Cycle Question

I have a page for creating an object. I found update page have same
fields except an internal ID and its button is updaing not creating.
So I add a boolean field in control bean to represent current action
is update or create.
My control bean scope is "request" in faces-config.xml

I enter create page, click save button, In that function, I change
status to true which means edit mode. Then the update botton is
displayed, but click that button has no effect, control bean method
was not invoked. but boolean flag is OKAY, its true in that time
What's wrong with it?

--

Anthony Hong