Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nick Spacek <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/03 18:50:09 UTC

Re: MoreLikeThis support Dismax parameters

> As i said: that may be what you're looking for (it's hard to tell based on
> your email) but the other possibility is that you want to be able to
> specify bq (and maybe bf) type parrams to influence the MLT portion of the
> request (ie: apply a bias so docs matching a particular query/func are
> mosre likely to be suggested) ... this is an area that hasn't really been
> very well explored as far as i can remember.

Right, so I have a field with many terms in it and I want to find similar
documents using this against a number of other fields. In my situation, I
want to take the description field and look in description, city, and
province. I want the city and province fields to be "more important". I have
applied a boost to them, but even though they have higher values they are
not considered by Solr to be as "interesting", I think because they do not
occur as frequently. What ends up happening is that all of the matching
terms in the description field end up pushing the matching terms from city
and province to the bottom of the "interesting" list.

I think that's what you were saying in the second paragraph, right? There
currently doesn't seem to be a way to influence the ordering of the
interesting terms.

Thanks,
Nick