Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/07 22:54:36 UTC

Parallel mapred jobs in Yarn

Hi all,

I have a beginner's question:
How can I configure yarn to allow multiple parallel mapreduce jobs to run?
Currently, the execution is sequential: each submitted job waits for the
previous to run.

In MR1, this could be done by enabling the fairscheduler/capacityscheduler.
Is there a similar configuration in Yarn as well?

Thanks a lot!
--
Bharath Ravi

Re: Parallel mapred jobs in Yarn

Posted by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot all!
I'll try configuring the capacity scheduler on yarn, and get back to you if
I run into any issues.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com>.