Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2014/06/06 20:52:00 UTC

Re: [VOTE] [CANCELLED] Release uimaFIT 2.1.0 rc 2

On 06.06.2014, at 17:45, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> sigs OK
>
> compare source with svn tag: OK
>
> build from source OK
>
> license / notice check OK  - also did a spot check of some JARs.  I found the
> Spring JARs (which are bundled in the binary distribution) have License and
> Notice items which refer to "asm", but also say these may not apply.  I didn't
> see "asm" included, so I assume these, indeed do not apply, and don't need to be
> mentioned in the bin distribution.  If this isn't correct, it needs fixing...

Ok. I'll remove those and double-check. Basically I followed the rule "NOTICE
file contents need to be reproduced".

> issues-fixed - I see there are 2 issues not resolved with the fix version being
> 2.1.0:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA/fixforversion/12324978/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel
>
> Looking at these 2 issues - I think this is not a blocker, if you've decided
> that no doc updates are needed for migrating to 2.1.0; otherwise, please update
> the docs and do rc3 :-)
>
> The issues on the website shows 22 issues 2 of which are opened/ reopened.
> The issues fixed shows 19.   the one missing (ignoring the 2 above) is
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-3671 because it's marked as a
> duplicate.  I think this is OK.

Hm. So the issues are fixed, I just forgot to mark them as resolved *sigh*.
I think the missing duplicate is not a problem.

> The IssuesFixed is missing the type column info.  This is fixed if you add this
> to your uimafit parent pom - upgrade the version of the maven changes plugin to
> 2.10 (from 2.9).  I need to add a jira to fix this in the uima-wide pom :-)  but
> meanwhile you can fix it in your uimafit pom.  Not a blocker, I think, though.

Will fix as well.

> I'll wait until Richard confirms whether or not based on these he agrees these
> are not blockers, before voting :-)
>
> -Marshall

Thanks for the quick reviews so far! There is a whole train of releases waiting
for uimaFIT 2.1.0. I hope to be lucky that the reviews for the (hopefully final)
rc3 come in so quickly as well :)

Cheers,

-- Richard