Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kazuaki Hiraga <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2013/05/23 03:30:59 UTC

Question about Coordination factor

Hello Folks,
I have a question about coordination factor to ensure my understanding of this value is correct.
If I have documents that contain some keywords like the following:Doc1: A, B, CDoc2: A, CDoc3: B, C
And my query is "A OR B OR C OR D".
In this case, Coord factor value for each documents will be the following:  Doc1: 3/4  Doc2: 2/4  Doc3: 2/4
In the same fashion, respective value of coord factor is the following if I have a query "C OR D":  Doc1: 1/2  Doc2: 1/2  Doc3: 1/2
Is this correct? or Did I miss something?
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards,Kazuaki Hiraga