Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Anton Palapeshkov <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/12 12:38:01 UTC

About phase listeners

Hello I am junior in jsf life cycle and i have strange problem.In my application i use 3-4 phase listeners.When i start the application on every request these listeners are called .IN the first of them I use to make server side redirect (something like :request.getRequestDispatcher( "/sometThingjsf").forward(request, response); ) everything here is OK but  when the phase listener after this is called the request there is already null.
Do you have any idea how I can call the request in which 'afterPhase()'  method i make the redirect,last.
I will be very glad if you help me !
Greeting Anton

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Re: About phase listeners

Posted by Nitin Deshmukh <de...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

if you are using forward, then the request should not
be null, unless the new jsf page has <redirect/> in
the faces-navigation.xml.

usually this kind of redirect works in RENDER_RESPONSE
phase and do the forward in the beforePhase method.