Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com> on 2008/11/28 06:30:41 UTC

[STUDIO] Where to put the messages.properties file?

Good morning (at least for me)

Externalizing strings I run into the next problem:

>From maven's POV *.properties files belongs to the src/main/resources folder. The problem is that Eclipse doesn't finds
the properties files there. When opening the 'Externalize String' wizard on a file with already externalized strings
you'll see just on the right side the string tags, but the left side (containing the values from the messages.properties
files) stays empty until I move the messages.properties file from the resources folder over to the java folder next to
the java class. As I couldn't find any settings allowing me to configure the Externalize wizard I suggest moving the
messages_*.properties files over into the src/main/java folder to make life easier when editing the externalized strings
 via the wizard. This will also affect some changes in the pom.xml to make sure that the properties files are also taken
from the src/main/java folders ...

WDYT?

Regards
Felix

Re: [STUDIO] Where to put the messages.properties file?

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Replying to myself:

I'll move them, because it'll make live easier and is more obvious to
find the files.

Felix