Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/06/14 03:23:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Next Pulsar Helm Chart Version

Hello Pulsar Community,

I propose that we release a new version of the Pulsar Helm Chart since
it now supports the 2.10.0 docker image. It looks like the version
should be 2.9.4, but I'm not entirely sure how we version the chart.
Does anyone have guidance on what the version ought to be?

Note that recently we have not been voting on these releases. Since
this is an ASF requirement for releases [0], I think we should start
voting on these releases.

Also, is it important that we sign the release? It looks like the
`helm package` command provides a signing feature here [1]. We will
need to modify our release procedure to sign artifacts.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Michael

[0] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes
[1] https://helm.sh/docs/topics/provenance/

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Next Pulsar Helm Chart Version

Posted by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the information, Enrico. I will put together a PR to the
apache/pulsar-helm-chart repo to document our new release procedure.
Once we agree on the process, I'll volunteer to run the release.

We currently host the index.yaml on the pulsar site at
https://pulsar.apache.org/charts/index.yaml (helm uses this to
discover the artifacts for each version), and we host the chart
tarballs on github, as you can see in the index.yaml. I plan to
maintain that process. We'll just update how the artifacts get created
and published.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.