Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jaco Greeff <ja...@isdial.net> on 2001/11/15 06:51:41 UTC

Xerces as static Win32 Library

Hi,

I've done a bit of searching on the mail archives and couldn't come up
with a full answer on this one: it is possible to build Xerces as a
static library so we don't need to distribute the xerces dll along with
the program? If so, how?

Our full application is componentised and allows for automatic software
updates. As one of the components, we provide a very light high-level
wrapper of the Xercer parser and would like this full DLL to actually
include a static version of Xerces to make our version control a bit better.

Thanks for all replies,
Jaco
--
'What is this thing, anyway?' said the Dean, inspecting the implement in
his hands.