Posted to announce@apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2017/12/26 14:18:23 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] OpenNLP 1.8.4 released

The Apache OpenNLP team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.8.4
of Apache OpenNLP. The Apache OpenNLP library is a machine learning based
toolkit for the processing of natural language text. It supports the most
common NLP tasks, such as tokenization, sentence segmentation,
part-of-speech tagging, named entity extraction, chunking, and parsing.

The OpenNLP 1.8.4 binary and source distributions are available for
download from our download page: http://opennlp.apache.org/cgi-
bin/download.cgi

The OpenNLP library is distributed by Maven Central as well. See the Maven
Dependency page for more details: http://opennlp.apache.org/
maven-dependency.html

This release introduces new features, improvements and bug fixes. Java 1.8
and Maven 3.3.9 are required. Additionally the release contains the
following changes:

- Remove Tokenizer param from Doccat trainer CLI
- Add annotator notes to BratAnnotator
- Add 20Newsgroups format support to the doccat component
- Removed WordVector toArray methods
- Removed deprecated leipzig doccat format support
- Add filename to overlapping annotation exception in NameSample
- Resolved concurrency issue in POS tagger
- Brat Annotation Service does not serialize results appropriately

A detailed list of the issues related to this release can be found in the
release notes. For a complete list of fixed bugs and improvements please
see the README.html file included in the distribution.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] OpenNLP 1.8.4 released

Posted by Benedict Holland <be...@gmail.com>.
I don't know if this is proper but CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks,
~Ben